Just a couple of campsite along the way during the trip out west. For images from the trip go here:https://www.flickr.com/photos/medicineman4040/albums/72157686941113394
Really a nice helper going from front to back. Bolted into the arch rib between coach and cab-
Alarm and vehicle disconnect installed—can’t show you pics for security reasons 😉 Driver and passenger’s side windows tinted to match the Motion Windows tint. AND the cabinet LED light was installed. Switches for blue and white LEDs bedside.
The folding table was installed on the driver’s rear door and the big final piece of diamond plate trim was placed above the sliding door. Nice to finally see no insulation where the wall meets the ceiling. The fold down table will have many uses, primary use for when washing dishes. We still have to come up with a latch for it to stow it folded up when motoring down the highway. Also pictured is Jarod the young master machinist who has helped us many times on our campervan conversion.
Left about 9-11 o’clock is still a thin strip of insulation visible (pink non itch fiberglass, we used it in small amounts in places we didn’t want to buy a whole lot of Thinsulate for). Later today we hope the young master machinist at the welding shop can finalize the last piece of diamond plate covering this insulation and completing the trim.
Fish-eye lens that is 🙂
The Maxxair fan works wonders but still when really hot outside moving even more air is desired. In that vain we carry an auxiliary 12DC fan that works a charm. It is strong enough to create an air stir across the ‘den’ and bath Poof who sleeps on that side of the bed with moving air. But where to store it when going down the road? Right behind the driver’s seat turned out a perfect location and doesn’t impede swiveling the seat or when I slide the seat back to…
The thing to note here is the air gap between the towel/shorts and the bed. Using rental cars for so many trips and draping the damp towel on the luggage to semi-dry has met its match 🙂
The oft used Artic cooler gets a top to match the floor….fitting since when I spin around the Artic is my footrest.
AC/DC in the crown molding near the TV, also coaxial cable port there too. DC near the head end of the bed on my side for phone charging at night.
No doubt about the functionality of the green cubbies but Poof wanted another interpretation of them! I was hoping for more diamond plate but this happen-on at Lowes is so far working a charm. Not as space efficient as the square cubbies we like the shiny metal of the new round cubbies–kinda goes with the euro-industrial-USA trucker style decor.
Today was a big day! Not only the pedestal table install, but the battery box facade completed. Wait, that’s not all! The awning is in place. It is adjustable as to position and we’ll camp several times to decide the final position. More diamond plate was also installed and we are very close to finishing the trim!
Behind the square of ‘sticky’ diamond plate (note the blue pull off strip) is a piece of sculpted foam, an OEM part from Ram. Behind this foam is a large hole with an air bag and electronics in it. This piece of foam probably shouldn’t be removed….so how to diamond plate it? Why diamond plate it? Well the why is just cosmetics. We want diamond plate across the ‘arch’ between the living and driving areas; more for cosmetic continuity. All the diamond plate used so far throughout the trimming process…
We were tired of seeing insulation at the wall-ceiling juncture! Now diamonds everywhere!
Many Sony users have tried to use Canon lenses on the Sony bodies. Adapters like the one made by Metabones make this possible. Varying degrees of success have been had over the last couple of years based on varying focal length of the lens and the Sony body being used. More often than not with long Canon glass the result was frustrating whereas with wide and wide zooms the results were good if not great–lenses like the Tamron 15-30, Canon 24-70 and 16-35. With the most recent Metabones firmware update…
A lot of people over the years have adapted Canon lenses to Sony bodies via several different adapters. Metabones is one brand of adapter used. I’ve been using them since their first version on the Sony A7R; always with success on wide angle or wide angle zoom lenses but never with longer zooms. Today I enjoyed the latest 0.57 firmware and the above listed kit for this series. Sadly for the flight shots I wasn’t at 400mm. Other static shots of perched birds showed this combo to be quite quick…
And it looks so much better than the raw area with insulation showing. Master machinist Jared at Baird Welding in Johnson City TN was the man behind this project. He also did the diamond plate on the pillars several weeks ago. Just a 10 star guy and someone who loves to work in metal.
I always regretted selling my Sony a7s. Well it’s back! Inside the Sony a9 is a Sony a7s, not 100 percent but mighty close. Here is Milo shot at ISO 25,600, a jpg where I pulled shadows +48 in Adobe Bridge. Whatever noise reduction going on is inside the camera Sony mojo; I didn’t change anything noise reduction wise from default.