And it looks so much better than the raw area with insulation showing. Master machinist Jared at Baird Welding in Johnson City TN was the man behind this project. He also did the diamond plate on the pillars several weeks ago. Just a 10 star guy and someone who loves to work in metal.
With the added storage pod (and I told Poof once she uses/enjoys it it will never come off) the original back-up camera could only see the back of the pod. Now it looks directly over it. A huge improvement when backing up in tight spaces. We have another back up viewing camera that is up on the roof. It’s image is sharp but it looks almost straight down–a nice view of the bicycles but we need a view looking more back than down. This camera is slated for an upgrade…
On the inside of the back doors were long oval openings that we filled with Thinsulate, same with the sliding door. Now all three are covered with panels and in time each panel will get small cargo net holders.
We’re up and running with two trips in the campervan under our belts but the mods continue. This time we put some time into our cabinet. The temporary bungie system worked but now we have sliding doors and a hinged door to contain food items, plates, cups and the coffee machine. The next step for the cabinet is the ‘desk’ where you see the laptops; at the rear of the desk we plan to build a system of cubbies that extend left to right. These cubbies will contain various items…
This time a short trip mileage wise and within three hours of home but over four days. Further dialing in the ‘camping’ experience testing new mods since the long trip to Florida, removing and lessening the kit taken.
A bit over 2100 miles on a two week trip to Florida. It was a ‘working’ vacation in that we had the campervan functional in enough ways to travel but a few items were not operation at take off. Over the course of the trip we got the solar charging up and running and tweaked almost daily little things. Overall a very successful trip.
Huge thanks to Kona for doing the bike racks and the running boards on this project!!!